Office of the Archer General
The Kingdom Archer General is a deputy of the Kingdom Earl Marshal and reports to both to the Kingdom Earl Marshal and the Society Archery Marshal and Society Thrown Weapons Marshal. It is the Archer General's responsibility to ensuring the safe practice of Archery and Thrown Weapons throughout the Kingdom.
The Archer General has several assistants to help in sure the safety, teaching archery and weapons construction, authorizing individuals and keeping scores and records. These individuals are known Deputies Archer General (DAGs), and without their help, this job would be impossible.
Baronial and Shire Captains of the Archers and Authorizing Marshals report to the Kingdom Archer General. These reports are made on a monthly basis and should include any issues that have come up, the number of archers at practice that month and, most importantly, any problems, injuries or safety concerns. Each year, a Domesday report should be sent that includes a roster of all archers, inventory of all equipment owned by the group, and a summary of the year's activities. Copies of these reports should also be provided to the Knight Marshal of your group and anyone else as your group deems fit. These reports allow the Archer General to report to the Kingdom Earl Marshal, who in turn reports to the Society Marshal, and to the Society Marshal's Deputies for Archery and Thrown Weapons.
- Score Reporting should be entered on the Score Site
To aid in fostering communication throughout the kingdom and the society, there are many groups on Yahoo and Facebook.
- Outlands Archery Yahoo Group - Open to Everyone
- Outlands Combat Archery Yahoo Group - Open to Everyone
- Outlands Thrown Weapons Yahoo Group - Open to Everyone
- Outlands Thrown Weapons Facebook Group - Open to Everyone
- SCA Archery Yahoo Group - Open to Everyone
- SCA Archery Facebook Group - Open to Everyone
- SCA Combat Archery Facebook Group - Open to Everyone
- SCA Women's Combat Archery Facebook Community - Open to Everyone
- Archer General Officer Yahoo Group - Restricted to Archery Officers - Deputies Archer General (DAGs), Captains of Archery (COAs), Archery Line Marshals (AMs), and the Archer General (AG) should be members of the Outlands-AG group and should send their reports to the outlands-ag email group each month.
- Sharparrow Yahoo Group - Restricted to members of the Order
- Golden Pheon Yahoo Group - Restricted to members of the Order
Additional responsibilities of the Archer General are to communicate with the COAs, DAGs, and the kingdom's archery community, work with His Majesty, War Council and other principal Kingdoms to further Archery and Thrown Weapons at Wars, reviewing any new Archery or Thrown Weapons style or ideas.
Lord Rino Tulema Kuresaare